There are SIX Hackathon challenges and several prizes:
Challenge 1: Interactive 3D visualization of one of the building of the Poznań University of Economics and Business. The result should be usable for on-line and off-line visualization and for further development of 3D applications. Unity 3D, Unreal, SketchUp and X3D models are accepted.
Challenge 2: Hand manipulation of virtual objects for industrial applications.
Challenge 3: 3D/AR in mobile marketing communication
Challenge 4: Sponsor: Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Centre (PSNC)
Prize: 3-month paid internship at PSNC
Topic 4.1: Haptic manipulation of virtual objects with basic physics rules.
Topic 4.2: Navigation in a 3D city model based on a 2D map (extruding buildings based on data from Google Maps) – desktop application.
Topic 4.3: 3D visualization of volumetric data (e.g., thermal waves).
Challenge 5: One-Handed Quick Access Menu
Challenge 6: X3D Innovation Award
Sponsor: Web3D Consortium Getting started with X3D
– Stand-alone X3D engines (InstantPlayer , Castle3D , FreeWRL , OpenCover, H3D.org, etc)
6.1 Technical Innovation (1000 PLN):
X3D Rendering & Integration:
– New shaders / nodes for point clouds in X3DOM or X_ITE (i.e. potree.org, las2x3d by Polys )
– Unity X3D importer (Tobias Franke’s work) add support for additional nodes such as geometry, lighting, grouping, transforms, etc
6.2 X3D Applications & Delivery (750 PLN):
– WebVR examples for navigation, selection, manipulation (e.g. X3DOM Web3VR branch)
– Samsung GearVR apps use X3D : create a cool demo
Medical, CAD, Cultural and Natural Heritage, Geospatial use cases (X3D Examples)